Time: 3pm to 4.30pm
Venue: 15 Angel Gate, City Road, EC1V 2SF
Within 20 years a predicted 90 per cent of all jobs will require some element of digital skills. But the UK needs nearly 250,000 additional workers with digital skills to meet rising demand from employers now.
Our new Digital Skills qualifications address this need. They are available at three levels – Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2. All are suitable for offering as short courses that can be run at any time during the year.
To ensure they provide training in what employers are looking for we have included units on the following:
- Programming and coding
- Understanding computational logic
- Creating and sharing content
- Improving personal efficiency using digital technologies
- Creating digital content
- Digital safety and security
Within this session, we will also look at:
The Level 2 Award and Certificate in Mobile Application Development and Enterprise. These two qualifications focus on helping learners develop their skill set in planning, creating, marketing and distributing their own mobile apps.
The Entry 3, Level 1 and Level 2 Awards in Digital Literacy. These project-based qualifications are aimed at helping learners develop critical reading and thinking skills required for sourcing, assessing the reliability of, and responsibly using information sourced via digital media.
The aim of our information session is to help you plan how to introduce these qualifications to your curriculum offer.
This session is ideal for
- curriculum leads
- teaching and training staff
- any other staff in a learning and skills environment.
What we will cover:
- Background to the qualifications
- Qualification offer, structure, units and funding
- Approach to assessment
- Integrating Digital Skills within your own curriculum offer.