Anyone aged over 16 and living in England who is not in full-time education can apply to be an apprentice. Most of the training is delivered on-site in the workplace, but some will be provided by further education colleges, independent training providers or other organisations, or via e-learning.
We are expanding our portfolio of nationally-recognised apprenticeship qualifications. Now available:
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support) (England)
Who is it for?
This Apprenticeship provides apprentices with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in supporting Health Professionals (e.g. doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, healthcare scientists, paramedics) to provide clinical healthcare.
Apprentices are employed as clinical healthcare support workers/healthcare assistants and work alongside Health Professionals providing patient care in a range of settings such as:
Apprentices will gain the skills and learning they need to help broaden future employment and career progression opportunities within the health sector.
As advanced apprentices they may have a supervisory role and be responsible for clinical procedures such as:
- taking physiological measurements
- carrying out an extended range of more complex delegated clinical tasks such as performing routine ECG procedures, wound care or catheter care
How is the Apprenticeship structured?
The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Health (Clinical Healthcare Support) (England) comprises of two mandatory qualifications:
This qualification supports the development of principles and practices required to work competently in a clinical healthcare support role.
The qualification consists of 12 mandatory units and a selection of over 100 optional units.
Credit value: 65
Guided Learning Hours: 352 - 530
The qualification equips the learner with transferable skills for a range of roles in the health sector.
The qualification comprises five mandatory units.
Credit value: 7
Guided Learning Hours: 64
Apprentices will also need to achieve the Maths and English qualifications at Level 2. OCN London are able to offer the following Functional Skills qualifications which are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life:
Each IQ Functional Skills Qualification in English consists of one 5 credit unit with three components:
- Speaking listening and communication (SLC)
The IQ Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics consists of one 5 credit unit with a single assessment.
Why choose OCN London?
- We are a well-established awarding organisation with over 25 years' experience of creating, developing and awarding qualifications.
- We are agile and responsive. This means you will get a personal service with direct access to a named contact and a quick turnaround.
- We pride ourselves on our close relationships with centres. The people we work with see us as a trusted partner, not just a supplier.
- We have a reputation for high quality. The OCN London brand carries national recognition and kudos.
- We are flexible and recognise the importance of accommodating the needs of different learners and different learning styles.
- We offer exceptional value for money.