As an awarding organisation, we seek to develop qualifications that remove the stigma of mental health by providing an understanding of issues surrounding it. Short qualifications are an effective way of embedding health and wellbeing related content into curriculums.
How can OCN London short qualifications help your learners?
A short qualification can be delivered all year round and its compact size helps learners achieve a national qualification alongside their main programme of study. These qualifications cover a wide range of topics and skill areas, making them ideal for any induction or learner enrichment programme, as well as meeting Ofsted requirements. Many of our short course qualifications, including all of our 'health and wellbeing' qualifications, are accompanied by free interactive digital resources to further enhance the learning experience.
Short qualifications topics that address mental health and wellbeing
To browse through the full list of short course qualifications with digital resources, please visit our remote delivery and digital resources page.
These qualifications can be used for:
- Induction Programmes
- Study Programmes- enhance learners’ experience
- Adult learners- can be used towards AEB
- Supporting blended learning
- Supported Learning
- NEET learners & unemployed - can prepare learners for vocational learning, employment
- Apprenticeships- can prepare learners for vocational learning, employment
Key features of OCN London digital resources
- Multi-platform accessibility (PC, tablet, smartphone)
- Built in learning checks
- Links to additional resources for students to extend their learning
- Materials developed by subject specialists
- Free for centres delivering the related OCN London qualifications
Click here to view an example of a digital resource for the OCN London Level 1 Award in Developing Emotional Resilience
Qualifications that can help tackle loneliness
Digital exclusion is one of the main causes of loneliness. This has been especially evident since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. OCN London Essential Digital Skills qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1 can help alleviate this by equipping the most vulnerable with the right tools to 'safely benefit from, participate in and contribute to the digital world of today and the future’ (Department for Education, 2019).