Time: 9:30AM - 1.00PM
This training session is designed for people who are completely new to formal assessment and moderation.
During the three and a half hour session you will:
- Consider the purpose of assessment and the importance of effective assignment design in delivering the centre’s curriculum;
- Consider the purposes and benefits of internal and external moderation;
- Look at the roles of assessor, internal moderator (IQA) and external quality reviewer (EQA);
- Evaluate your own organisation’s needs in this respect;
- Learn how to record outcomes of assessment and internal moderation;
- Look at the touchpoints in terms of your organisation and OCN London and the reasons behind the formality of these.
This training session is delivered in a small group setting, meaning that it is easy to get direct feedback from our experienced tutor that is relevant to your centre and situation.
- Training is currently provided Online via Zoom
- Free of charge for Newly Recognised Centres or Centres who have been inactive for some time (perhaps due to having voluntarily suspended membership
- OCN London Recognised Centres only
- This training is non-accredited but learners receive a certificate of attendance as evidence for Continuing Professional Development.
- We can also offer this course as in-house training for your specific organisation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
- To book onto a training session, locate your chosen session in All Events and click Book Now!
Please note, this training is not suitable for Access to HE Centres.
Members Price: Free to recognised centres
Not open to those not currently recognised by OCN London
Return to the Training and Development page for the schedule and booking form.