Time: 9:30AM - 1PM
This training session is ideal for tutors new to formal assessment and moderation or new to OCN London accreditation and qualifications.
In this half-day session, an ‘Introduction to Assessment and Building Learner Portfolios’, you will:
- Be introduced to principles of assessment and building learner portfolios;
- Identify characteristics of credit-based learning;
- Select appropriate assessment methods for your OCN units;
- Evaluate the use of different types of assessment evidence;
- Draw up guidelines for assembling learner evidence portfolios;
- Be guided on how to make good assessment judgements;
- Understand the role of the Internal Moderator in the assessment process.
The training day is delivered in a small group setting, which means that it is easy to get direct feedback from our experienced tutor that is relevant to your centre and situation.
- This training session is held every month online via Zoom
- We also run Introduction to Internal and External Moderation as a half-day session.
- Cost £50 for OCN London members, £70 for non-members.
- This training is non-accredited but participants receive a certificate of attendance as evidence for Continuing Professional Development.
- We can also offer this course as in-house training for your specific organisation. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your training needs.
Please note, this training is not suitable for Access to HE.