We know you have worked tirelessly to ensure the safe return of learners and your staff in the new academic year. Various mitigation measures have been put in place including the use of personal protective equipment, practising social distancing and reducing classroom sizes.
At OCN London, we have developed two short Awards in Preventing the Spread of Infection and Disease to help centres fulfil their duty of care to learners and staff. The Awards are available at Entry 3 and Level 1.
The purpose of the qualifications is to enable better understanding of the facts behind the spread of infection and disease, and how by adapting our own behaviours we can help to break the chain and minimise the risk of spreading.
Our aim is to support you in preparing for and maintaining safe working and learning environments.
The qualifications are suitable for learners of all ages in all settings.
- Ideal for learner induction and supports health and wellbeing
- Easy to take up and can be delivered year-round in a variety of learning environments
- Allows flexibility in approaches to assessment and delivery
- Helps to reinforce the Government's messages on how to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and remain safe and secure
- Compact size enables learners to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in addition to their main study programme
- Funding is approved by ESFA for 16-19s, Adult Skills, Community Learning and ESF, as well as Section 96 (14-16s)
Health, Early Years and Social Care Qualifications