The OCNLR Entry Level Qualifications in Entry to Employment (Entry Levels 1, 2 and 3) have been developed to replace the OCNLR Using Employability Skills* suite of qualifications and to raise awareness of the employment opportunities available for Entry Level learners. Our new qualifcations feature updated and fresh unit content which is relevant, current and fit for purpose for Entry Level learners and help them develop the skills they need today to access employment opportunities.
The OCNLR Entry Level Qualifications in Entry to Employment include a range of employability and vocational units. The employability units have been updated and broadened for today’s employment market, and specific vocational unit groups have been created to give access to vocational skills in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Building and Construction
- Catering and Hospitality
- Early Years
- Health and Social Care
- Horticulture, Animal Care and Environment
- Public Services
- Retail and Customer Service
- Sport and Fitness
*OCNLR Entry Level qualifications in Using Employability Skills will be withdrawn with effect from 31st July 2021 and learners registered on the qualifications before the operational end date will have until the certification end date of 31st July 2022 to complete their study and be certificated.
WHY DELIVER THIS QUALIFICATION?
- Available in 9 vocational pathways and include a range of learning and employability skills units to suit the different needs of your learners.
- Enables Entry Level learners aged 14-19 and 19+ to progress directly into employment or into learning at a higher level as part of a progression pathway into employment in specific vocational sectors of their choosing.
- Easy to take up and can be delivered year round in variety of learning environments.
WHO THE QUALIFICATIONS ARE FOR?
The OCNLR Entry Level Qualifications in Entry to Employment (Entry Levels 1, 2 and 3) are suitable for Entry Level learners who:
- wish to take their first steps towards gaining employment;
- have special needs, learning difficulties (SEND);
- have no previous qualifications or educational experience;
- are looking for either a full-time or a part-time course;
- are long-term unemployed;
- are facing redundancy;
- need a short, introductory course;
- would like to develop relevant work or learning skills to progress to a higher level;
- want to begin work in supported employment.
The OCNLR Entry Level Qualifications in Entry to Employment are available at Entry Levels 1, 2 and 3 and in two sizes - Award and Certificate.
There is funding available for this qualification from the following source(s): Adult Skills, 16-19 EFA, Section 96 (Approved for 14-16s).