According to Prospects (2019), working in a school setting requires an interest in education, a non-judgemental attitude and a passion for seeing young people succeed.
Our new OCNLR Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Schools has been designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to be prepared for work in schools or other learning centres in a non-teaching capacity.
This qualification is suitable for those who are about to or have recently started working in a school or learning centre for young people, either as a paid employee or as a volunteer.
This qualification will help learners:
- Understand the safeguarding of children and young people in a learning environment.
- Understand different ways to communicate effectively with children and young people in a learning environment.
- Know about different conflicts that may occur in the classroom and how to solve them.
- Understand the uses of craft activities in a learning environment.
- Know about job opportunities working with children and young people in educational settings.
- Understand mental health issues in relation to diverse groups.
- Know how to support those for whom English is not their first language.
- Understand the different types of schools from early years to post compulsory education.
Click here to find out more about this qualification.
Contact our Curriculum Team via our main switchboard if you would like to either run the qualification or find out where you can attend the course.
Please use our main number: 020 7278 5511