These NEW Level 2 qualifications in Horticulture, Environmental and Animal Care have been designed to be flexible in their approach, combining vocational units within horticulture, environmental and animal care alongside units in learning and employability to support learners to progress to further study and employment.
The vocational units cover four themes:
- Horticulture, including organic approaches
- Environmental conservation
- ‘Green care’, which adopts a holistic approach to the relationship between outdoor environments and human health and wellbeing; and
- Animal care.
For full details click on the relevant qualification below:
Level 2 Award in Skills for Professions in Horticulture, Environmental and Animal Care
Level 2 Certificate in Skills for Professions in Horticulture, Environmental and Animal Care
Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Professions in Horticulture, Environmental and Animal Care
Who they are for?
They are suitable for learners who:
- Are aged 14+ (although centres must determine the suitability for younger learners in relation to health and safety)
- Are seeking to take the first step towards a career in horticulture, environmental and animal care or related areas
- Want to enhance their employability alongside vocational skills
- Want to progress to Level 3 vocational qualifications in related subjects.
Funding has been approved for learners aged 14 and above from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Click leaflet to download: