Graphic Design Assistant
Closing Date: Sunday 30 January 2022
Interviews: Monday 10 February 2022
Salary: Starting salary £24,400
Contract type: Full time (35 hours per week) 1 year fixed term
We are a well-established, not-for-profit awarding body providing qualifications that support widening participation in education. We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our busy team in the role of Learning Materials Design Assistant.
Reporting to the Head of Qualifications and Innovation, you will design, develop and produce finished assessment papers, learning materials and related digital resources for OCN London qualifications, accredited courses and related services.
Educated to minimum level 3 (Access to HE Diploma/’A’ level/BTEC), you will have a well-developed sense of design and highly developed digital skills, especially related to software such as InDesign, and Microsoft Office.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
- experience in designing layouts for different media
- good knowledge of design and digital media related software (such as InDesign)
- experience of working as part of a team to achieve targets and meet deadlines
- first class visual, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and to critically review design work and to express ideas and concepts clearly
- the ability to understand and apply accessible and inclusive design principles
- creativity with an eye for design
- first class general ICT skills including Microsoft Office, digital media software and video editing software
- excellent planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise work efficiently and work to deadlines while maintaining accurate working practices and strong attention to detail
- the ability to take initiative, identify problems and propose solutions.
What we offer:
- Final salary pension scheme;
- 30 days annual leave plus public holidays;
- Interest free season ticket loan (once confirmed in post);
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Annual personal learning allowance;
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
OCN London is committed to supporting the continuing professional development and training of our staff. This is an opportunity to join a friendly team in a company that encourages professionalism, creativity and diversity.
Please visit our website for more information. To apply, please email your CV and complete application form to email@example.com, stating why you are the best person for the job, with recent examples of how you meet the person specification criteria in the job description. Please also complete and send your Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
We are committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. The Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form helps us to monitor the effectiveness of our commitment. The monitoring form is separate from your application and will form no part of the shortlisting process.
Graphic Design Assistant Application Form
Graphic Design Assistant Job Description
Equal Opportunities Monitoring