'THE HUB’ EXTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE
Hub Events are designated External Quality Assurance (EQA) days scheduled regularly throughout the year. Centres book to receive an EQA engagement soon after the end of their course run. Rather than waiting for External Quality Assurers (EQAs) to become available for an individual centre engagements, centres can simply book into a Hub Event on one of the scheduled Hub Event dates that suits them best. This can be booked well in advance and ensures that successful learner’s portfolios will be externally quality assured and the centre sent certificates, soon after a Hub Event.
Hub Events will normally be undertaken remotely by one of our EQAs.
Centres are encouraged to submit learner evidence and related documents electronically. To facilitate this, OCN London has set up a password protected area for your centre on GoogleDrive. The username and password for your centre’s area on GoogleDrive, will be supplied upon request. Hardcopy evidence can also be submitted, though will need to be securely posted or dispatched by courier. Then once the EQA is complete, the documents will be returned to your centre via secure post.
Attendance from centre staff is not required, though a contact telephone number is, so that a responsible member of staff from the centre is available to answer any questions during the EQA process. If centre staff wish to discuss particular matters with the EQA, they are welcome to do so, and an online meeting or telephone call can be arranged upon request.
We have a sampling system so that only a minimum number of portfolios will need to be sent in. A sample will be selected at the point that the completed ERAC (Electronic Recommendation for the Award of Credit) form is uploaded to QuartzWeb via the EResults Submission section. The names of the learners selected for sampling will display on the confirmation screen after the ERAC has been submitted. This means that ERAC results will need to be submitted in advance (ideally no less than one week before) of the Hub Event day.
We are available to answer any queries you may have:
Please call 020 76895865 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKING A HUB EVENT
For Hub Event dates and to make a booking, contact the Quality and Standards Coordinator at email@example.com. You are advised to book a place as soon as possible.
INSTRUCTIONS WHEN USING ‘THE HUB’
1. Register your learners on the course run, as per the usual OCN London process.
2. Book your Hub Event in advance of the course run ending, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7689 5865.
3. Prior to the end of the course run, ensure all learners claiming achievement have been assessed as achieved and the assessment decisions have been internally moderated
4. Ensure learners evaluate your centre’s delivery of the course and keep records of the evaluations from learners, in accordance with our usual requirements.
5. When learners have been assessed and Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) has taken place, upload the results to the course ERAC on QuartzWeb, in keeping with as per usual OCN London practice .
Following the results being uploaded, you will receive an email with an automatically selected sample of learners that we will want to EQA, at the Hub event. You only need to provide learner evidence for the learners selected by us and named in the sample.
6. Prior to the Hub EQA event, go through the Hub checklist to ensure you complete/have completed everything you need for a successful EQA. Then provide OCN London with the following:
- Learner portfolios or evidence of achievement for each learner to be sampled.
- The IQA report(s) or record(s) that relate to the internal moderation for the course run(s) to be considered.
- Learner evaluations for the course run(s) to be considered.
OPT – OCN LONDON EPORTFOLIO TOOL
You may be interested to know OCN London has developed an easy to use ePortfolio system, OPT for short, that is free for all members to use. This is an ideal way to keep learner evidence and assessment records, and itself allows for ‘remote’ external moderation. It also encourages paperless assessment and assessment good practice through the simple learner tracking and feedback page. For more information see our web pages dedicated to OPT, including a short video demonstration at http://www.ocnlondon.org.uk/centres/opt.
We are also happy to visit your centre to provide you with a live, personal demonstration. Call us on 020 7278 5511 to find out more.