Developing Your Skills in Internal MODERATION
This two day course, or 1 day fast-track for experienced moderators, will enable participants to develop their internal moderation practice. With an emphasis on covering the essential skills expected from OCN London Internal Moderators, participants will learn how to:
- construct an effective IM plan;
- critically review, moderate and provide effective advice, in relation to assessment task designs;
- provide effective feedback to assessors and monitor their progress in relation to any actions set;
- ensure the sharing of good practice and equitable assessment judgements through standardisation.
This course will be assessed, and successful completion will lead to the achievement of three OCN London bespoke credits at level 3. In order to gain the Level 3 Award, around 15-18 hours of private study will be required to complete all the assignments. There is the option for email contact with the course tutors for any additional support.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who wishes to learn the practical skills an internal moderator needs to develop. You do not have to be working as an internal verifier to enroll, but experience is essential for the 1 day fast-track. Access Moderators are welcome to attend, please contact OCN for advice on suitability.
This course is particularly recommended if:
- You are new to internal moderation (IM) or your centre is new to OCN London accreditation, or
- You have attended the Introduction to Internal and External Moderation course and want to develop your IM practice further, or
- You have completed an internal moderation qualification in the past (such as the D34 or V1) and want to update your practical skills, or
- You are taking on more responsibility for internal moderation at your organisation or leading a team of internal moderators, or
- Your centre needs to improve its internal moderation practice in response to recommendations from their OCN London Centre Moderator.
Learners successfully completing this course can apply to become the Approved Internal Moderator for their centre, if it has been recommended for Direct Claims Status by their OCN London Centre Moderators. This is an alternative route to AIM status from completing the Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment (IQA).
- Training is held at OCN London, 15 Angel Gate, 326 City Road, London, EC1V 2SF.
- Lunch is provided.
- We can also offer this course as in-house training for your organisation. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your training needs.
£245 for OCN London Recognised Centres and Members
£320 for non-members
For upcoming dates, please see the Training Calendar