This two day course or 1 day fast-track for those with some experience of assessment will enable participants to develop their assessment practice in relation to assessing OCN London units. With an emphasis on covering devising assessment tasks, making assessment decisions and completing the activities associated with presenting assessed portfolios for accreditation for OCN London courses; participants will learn how to:
- Explain terminology associated with assessing accredited evidence;
- Construct effective assessment tasks;
- provide effective feedback to learners and monitor their progress;
- Explain how to develop good practice and equitable assessment judgements through standardisation.
This course will be assessed, and successful completion will lead to the achievement of three OCN London bespoke credits at level 3. In order to gain the Level 3 Award, around 15-18 hours of private study will be required to complete all the assignments. There is the option for email contact with the course tutors for any additional support.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is involved in designing assessment tasks and assessing learners portfolios You do not have to be currently working as an assessor to enrol for the two day course, if your centre has not yet begun to deliver courses but some experience is essential for the 1 day fast-track. Access tutors are welcome to attend, please contact OCN for advice on suitability.
This course is particularly recommended if:
- You are new to assessing OCN London accredited units, or
- You have attended the Introduction to assessment course and want to develop your assessing practice further, or
- You have completed an assessor qualification in the past and want to update your practical skills, or
- Your centre needs to improve its assessment practice in response to recommendations from their OCN London Centre Moderator.
- Training is held at OCN London, 15 Angel Gate, 326 City Road, London, EC1V 2SF.
- Lunch is provided.
- We can also offer this course as in-house training for your organisation. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your training needs.
£245 for OCN London Recognised Centres and Members
£320 for non-members
For upcoming dates, please see the Training Calendar