Becoming an OCN London approved centre is a straightforward process.
We pride ourselves in an approach that is friendly and personal whilst assuring the rigour required to give our centres confidence in the quality of OCN London accreditation and qualifications.
New to accreditation?
The application process to become an approved centre is detailed in our Information Pack which includes details on the process, centre approval terms and requirements, fees and other information.
Already experienced with accreditation?
For centres that already have experience of delivering qualifications with other awarding bodies there is a fast-track system to becoming an approved centre.
To become an Approved Centre and be eligible to develop and offer bespoke units and courses, please make an enquiry by clicking the button below.
Make an enquiry
Once approved as a centre, what are the benefits?
Once you become an approved centre with OCN London, you will receive:
- OCN London national qualifications (many eligible for public funding)
- A vast range of units which can be combined to meet your learner and centre
- Accreditation for your training courses
- A named contact who will provide expert support for accrediting new courses or training provision
Advantages of Being an OCN London Access Centre Leaflet
Advantages of Being an OCN London Access Centre
As a member of the OCN London Access to HE community you will benefit from the following free-of-charge services:
- Specialist curriculum development support and guidance from our own Access experts and access to an extensive bank of units in a wide range of subject areas.
- Practitioner forums, regular briefings and updates about all aspects of the qualification; twice yearly Centre Access Co-ordinator training days.
- Centre-based assignment design and internal moderation training sessions and access to scheduled training in assessment and portfolio-building.
- Web-based learner registration, claims for awards and online forms and a bespoke online system for recording learner achievement (which includes auto-checking to confirm achievement).
- A rigorous but constructive and supportive approach to quality assurance which includes subject standardisation meetings, regular contact with your allocated Centre Moderator, mid-year and final moderation and a comprehensive Annual Review meeting.
- A formal Awards Board to ratify each learner's achievement together with a certification system, which ensures Access learners receive certificates earlier than A Level results are issued.
- Inclusion in our on-line Access to HE courses directory, and the opportunity to be part of a wide community of Access practitioners, with opportunities to attend validation panels and meet colleagues from across the FE network.
In addition centre Access teams also have the opportunity to:
- Attend the annual Access to HE Conference - a full day of speakers, workshops and networking opportunities; for a reduced rate.
- Request additional bespoke training for a small fee.
- Expand existing Access provision through the validation process.
- Enrol on the Developing Your Internal Moderation Skills and Developing Your Assessment Skills accredited training courses for internal moderators and assessors running throughout the year.
To arrange an appointment with our Access to HE Curriculum Development Manager please e-mail our Access to HE Development Officer, Michelle Wood firstname.lastname@example.org